Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Affirmations

Watching things like this inspires me to fulfill my decision (based on clarity) to live out my passion - volunteer abroad. Big goals and dreams seem more attainable when spoken of confidently. For example:
 
"I will volunteer abroad" is more powerful than "I want to volunteer abroad".
 
This is a form of an affirmation that, when repeatedly spoken out loud, will seem more realistic and attainable. Even though it is not set in stone, I speak of this expedition as if it is undoubtedly going to happen. Other affirmations could come in visual forms (e.g. I have a picture of Africa as my computer background, I watch Africa specials on the Discovery Channel, I introduce myself to the culture through videos on YouTube, etc.).
 
Whatever your dream or goals, affirmations help to keep them a priority in your present life to make them reality in your future.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever read the book, "It's Not Okay With Me"? It's about a ex-marketing director's life changing experience with an African mission trip! It's a great read, let me know if you're interested and I can get you a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I would LOVE to read that! That'd be fantastic, thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. It's definitely an eye-opening book! I am getting some copies this week, I will be in touch to lend you one! :)

    ReplyDelete